Cass Sunstein Theorizes About the Conspiracy of the Conspiracy Theorists

Among those beliefs that he would ban is Global Warming Denialism, because, goodness knows, there’s no evidence at all that anyone ever tried to rig the data or to suppress opposing points of view.

Most conspiracy theories are twaddle, particularly when they go out of their way to avoid generous application of Occam’s razor, but . . . is there no such thing as a conspiracy? After all, the CIA’s been sicced on icebergs.

No, no, that will never do for the lefty blogosphere, though honestly it’s become less likely that Charlie Sheen will ever get the chance to share his unique insights into 9/11 with President Obama, more’s the pity. Never mind Oliver Stone or Dan Brown. Why language and science themselves are a kind of conspiracy, according to many feminists, so that can’t be it.

I believe that what Sunstein is saying is that only government-approved conspiracies will be allowed any public scope for discussion. After all, we know that our government would never conspire to do anything we didn’t want it to do . . . unless it were for our own good.

14 Responses to Cass Sunstein Theorizes About the Conspiracy of the Conspiracy Theorists

1. Meep says:

So, who exactly is the approved-conspiracy czar? Is it Sunstein, or somebody else?

Because I have a list I want checked out before I make my next blog post. I gotta make sure it’s govt-approved.

2. Dan Collins says:

Andrew Sullivan.

• Meep says:

Well there went that idea. The list would be infested with my breeding woman cooties, and there’s no way he would touch it.

3. Dan Collins says:

That’s one way to get around the censorship, you dreadful breeder, you.

4. happyfeet says:

weren’t you sort of a sunstein fan? If so are you still sort of a sunstein fan? I think he should be dramatically pimp-slapped in front of his wife and children just for being so gay.

5. happyfeet says:

oh. I just sort of half-remembered that.

I’m a Kate Nash fan.

6. Dan Collins says:

Fun!

7. Pingback: Haiti Can Wait

8. Pingback: I Agree with Glenn Greenwald

9. I must admit this is the fourth time I have come across your website and I am diggin it! I added your website to my rss reader. Cant wait to see more posts!

10. Pingback: Thug Boy Reaches for Internet Control

11. Pingback: Thug Boy Reaches for Internet Control

12. Pingback: Shadowboxing with Sunstein: Weigel Applauds Regulatory Czar’s Fancy Dancing